Annual Report for the fiscal year 2021
February 24, 2022
Curasight A/S (“Curasight” or “the Company”) hereby publishes the Annual Report for the fiscal year of 2021. The Annual Report is available as an attached file to this release and on the Company’s website. Below is a summary of the report.
Curasight’s CEO Ulrich Krasilnikoff comments:
“During the past year, we have seen promising results from multiple academic investigator-initiated phase II studies regarding indications in prostate, head and neck cancer as well as in neuroendocrine tumors. It is motivating to see how the interest in Curasight and our technology is continuously growing and I want to thank our investors for their confidence in Curasight’s technology. The support means that we can continue our hard work to reach our ultimate goal – improving the lives of millions of cancer patients. Our strengthened financial position in combination with Hanne Damgaard Jensen taking on the role of Chief Development Officer (CDO) puts us in a very promising position for another successful year where we can focus on expanding and accelerating our clinical program.
2021 has without a doubt been a very successful year for Curasight and I look forward to the hard work we will put in during 2022 to expand our clinical portfolio with two additional cancer indications with neuroendocrine tumors (NET) and head and neck cancer as well as preparing for the pivotal phase III studies and the process towards approval. I want to thank our investors for the interest shown in the technology behind Curasight and I look forward to communicate our expanded strategy more detailed as it will support faster value creation in Curasight and opens up for more partnerships.”
January – December 2021
- Net sales amounted to 0 (0) DKK
- Operating profit/loss amounted to -6,210,420 (-4,791,150) DKK
- Profit/loss before taxes amounted to -8,752,515 (-5,773,575) DKK
- Profit/loss for the year amounted to -7,578,670 (-5,552,201) DKK
- Total assets amounted to 102,612,298 (63,105,845) DKK
- Equity ratio amounted to 96.6 (93.7)
- Earnings per share amounted to -0.38 (-0.32)
Highlights from 2021
- On February 8, the United States Patent and Trademark Office issued a notice of allowance confirming that the United States Patent Application no. 14/399,820 regarding 177-Lu Labeled peptide conjugate for site-specific uPAR-targeting will be granted.
- On February 26, Curasight announced that researchers from Rigshospitalet published an article from a Phase II study in prostate cancer is published in the March issue of the Journal of Nuclear Medicine. The article was highlighted as the best clinical investigation article.
- On March 28, the Canadian Intellectual Property Office issued a notice of allowance confirming that the Canadian Patent Application no. 14/399,820 regarding 177-Lu Labeled peptide conjugate for site-specific uPAR-targeting will be granted.
- On May 17, Curasight is awarded Best IPO in 2020 by the independent IPO Guide.
- On June 1, Curasight held an Extraordinary General Meeting where Dr. Kirsten Drejer was elected as a new member of the board of directors.
- On June 18, Curasight announced that SEB will initiate commissioned research, meaning that SEB will continuously monitor and analyze Curasight’s operations, products, markets, and competitors.
- On June 24. Curasight reported positive biodistribution data of uTREAT® in glioblastoma, which provides the” green light” to proceed with the next steps of development and testing.
- On September 1, Curasight announced that the Company has strengthened its institutional investor base as part of the Company’s future strategy. Arbejdernes Landsbank acquired 200,000 warrants from the Swedish investment company Eastbridge.
- On October 7, the exercise period for Curasight’s warrants of series TO 1 ended. A total of 2,767,551 warrants of series TO 1 were exercised. Curasight received a total of approximately DKK 47.6 million before issue costs.
- On December 9, Curasight announced that results from an investigator-initiated phase II study performed by researchers at Rigshospitalet using the uTRACE® technology demonstrated prognostic value of uPAR-PET in head and neck cancer patients.
- On December 21, Curasight announced that Company appoints Hanne Damgaard Jensen as the new Chief Development Officer starting from 1 January 2022. Hanne will be responsible for all Drug Development and Regulatory Affairs activities in the Company.
Highlights after the period
- On January 27, 2022, Curasight announced that results from an investigator-initiated phase II study performed by researchers at Rigshospitalet using the uTRACE® technology in neuroendocrine tumor patients demonstrate strong prognostic value and supports potential future use of uPAR-targeted radionuclide therapy.
- On February 10, 2022, Curasight announced that the Company has signed and completed an agreement to acquire the early-stage R&D company TRT Innovations ApS. Curasight intends to expand and accelerate its clinical programs and is strengthening the therapeutic platform.
For more information regarding Curasight, please contact:
Ulrich Krasilnikoff, CEO
Phone: +45 22 83 01 60