Interim Report January – June 2023
August 24, 2023
Copenhagen, Denmark, 24 August 2023 - Curasight A/S (“Curasight” or “the Company” – TICKER: CURAS) hereby publishes the interim report for the period January 1 – June 30, 2023. The interim report is available as an attached file to this release and on the Company’s website. Below is a summary of the report.
Curasight’s CEO Ulrich Krasilnikoff comments:
“Q2 2023 represented one of the most strategically eventful quarters in Curasight’s history with the momentous achievement being the partnership agreement with Curium, a global leader in the industry. This partnership represents a significant stride towards making our advanced technology available to prostate cancer patients worldwide. Under this agreement, Curasight will dedicate its efforts to developing our proprietary uTRACE® technology for use in prostate cancer, seeking regulatory approvals in both the EU and USA.
Furthermore, we are pleased to share positive outcomes from the investigator-initiated phase II study using
uTRACE® in primary brain cancer. The study, carried out at Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen, was a milestone achievement, validating uTRACE® as a highly prognostic tool for progression-free survival and overall survival in patients with primary aggressive brain cancer. The robust findings of this study strongly support our strategic intent to pursue a theranostic approach using uTRACE® and uTREAT® in glioblastoma patients.
Finally, I am pleased that we have maintained a solid financial position during Q2, with a cash position of approximately DKK 32 million. This financial stability positions us well as we continue our development efforts and explore additional future funding options, including potential strategic partnerships.”
Q2 (2023-04-01 – 2023-06-30)
- Net sales amounted to 0 (0) kDKK
- Gross profit/loss amounted to -9 029 (- 2 936) kDKK
- Profit/loss before taxes amounted to -10 658 (-4 508) kDKK
- Profit/loss for the period amounted to -8 312 (-2 941) kDKK
- Total assets amounted to 44 331 (72 732) kDKK
- Equity ratio amounted to 95.8 (95.0) %.
- Earnings per share amounted to -0.41 (-0.15) DKK
H1 (2023-01-01 – 2023-06-30)
- Net sales amounted to 0 (0) DKK
- Gross profit/loss amounted to -13 685 (-5 715) kDKK
- Profit/loss before taxes amounted to -16 844 (-8 740) kDKK
- Profit/loss for the period amounted to -13 138 (-6 817) kDKK
- Total assets amounted to 46 331 (72 732) kDKK
- Equity ratio amounted to 96.3 (94.4) %.
- Earnings per share amounted to -0.66 (-0.34) DKK
- May 1: Curasight announced that it has entered into an exclusive global license and collaboration agreement with Curium Inc. – a global leader in radiopharmaceuticals – for development and commercialization of uTRACE® for use in prostate cancer.
- On June 7, Curasight announced preclinical data demonstrating the effectiveness of uTREAT® in treating aggressive brain cancer (glioblastoma). The results from the study validate Curasight’s strategic focus on developing uTREAT® as a viable treatment option for patients with aggressive brain cancer.
- On June 29, Curasight announced positive results from the investigator initiated phase II study using uPAR-PET (uTRACE®) in primary brain cancer. The study found that uPAR-PET/MR was a suitable target for the detection and prognosis of primary glioblastomas, the most common type of primary brain cancer.